Saturday, January 31, 2015

Louisiana Tech Marches Past Marshall For 24th Straight TAC Triumph

60% of our little clan enjoyed an afternoon/evening trip to Ruston for the Louisiana Tech-Marshall basketball game. That's not an indication the other 40% did NOT enjoy Lincoln Parish---they were occupied with their own happenings in Shreveport and  Baton Rouge respectively. 

A nice Thomas Assembly Center crowd of 4,000+ was on hand for the Dogs' drumming of the Thundering Herd (dat).  The backers of Michael White's team saw the local crew fall behind 22-9 midway through the first half before  closing out that first stanza on a 35-8 run. 

Marshall made a mild move to trim Tech's advantage to 11 points on a Ryan Taylor jumper with 9:45 to play. Michale Kyser put a stop to any nonsense believed possible from the Herd hierarchy by depositing a jumper in the cup and throwing down a jam to stretch the lead back to 15 and rile the crowd into a frenzy. 

Speedy Smith had 12 points along with 12 assists and 8 rebounds to win the stat sheet. Erik McRee led Tech with 14 points. Raheem Appleby and Kyser each finished with a dozen. 

It was also a big night for Skip Holtz's football Dogs. Several key recruits were at the game, taking part in their last official visit before Wednesday's National Signing Day.  Spotted in the crowd? Parkway head coach David Feaster who is sending linebacker Tay Williams to Tech this summer.